Reaction Time:15 minutes
HBcAb test cassette is a rapid direct binding test for the qualitative detection of hepatitis B core antibody (HBcAb) in human serum/plasma/whole blood as an aid in the clinical assessment of hepatitis B infection.
This one step test is very sensitive and only takes about 10-20 minutes.Test results are read visually without any instrument.
SPECIMEN COLLECTION AND STORAGE
· The HBcAb One Step Hepatitis B c Antibody Test Device (Serum/Whole blood) can be performed using either serum or whole blood.
· Separate the serum or plasma from blood as soon as possible to avoid hemolysis. Only clear, non-hemolyzed specimens can be used.
· Testing should be performed immediately after the specimens have been collected. Do not leave the specimens at room temperature for prolonged periods. Specimens may be stored at 2-8°C for up to 3 days. For long term storage, specimens should be kept below -20°C.
· Bring specimens to room temperature prior to testing. Frozen specimens must be completely thawed and mixed well prior to testing. Specimens should not be frozen and thawed repeatedly.
· If specimens are to be shipped, they should be packed in compliance with local regulations for the transportation of etiologic agents.
Allow test device,specimen,and/or controls to equilibrate to room temperature (15-30°C) prior to testing.
1. Bring the pouch to room temperature before opening it. Remove the test device from the sealed pouch and use it as soon as possible. Best results will be obtained if the assay is performed within one hour.
2. Put the test device on a clean and level surface. Hold the dropper vertically and transfer 3 full drops of serum or plasma (approx. 75 mL) to specimen well (S) of the test device, and then start the timer. Avoid trapping air bubbles in the specimen well (S). See illustration below.
3. Wait for the colored line(s) to appear. The result should be read at 15 minutes. Do not interpret the results after 20 minutes.
INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS
POSITIVE: Only one colored band appears, in the control region (C). No apparent colored band appears in the test region (T).
NEGATIVE: Two colored bands appear on the membrane. One band appears in the control region (C) and another band appears in the test region (T).
INVALID: Control band fails to appear. Results from any test which has not produced a control band at the specified read time must be discarded. Please review the procedure and repeat with a new test. If the problem persists, discontinue using the kit immediately and contact your local distributor.