HPL(Human Platelet Lysate) is a growth factor rich supplement that is a superior alternative to fetal bovine serum (FBS) for human mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) culture. Optimal growth of MSCs can be achieved with 5% PLTMax Human Platelet Lysate. PLTMax Human Platelet Lysate has been used to effectively to grow mesenchymal stem cells derived from other species including mouse, rabbit and porcine.
Instructions for Use
• Add Heparin to the media at a final concentration of 2 U/mL. Failure to add heparin may result in coagulation of certain media.
• For optimal growth of human mesenchymal stem cells, add 5% vol/vol PLTMax Human Platelet Lysate to usual cell culture medium such as DMEM and αMEM.
• Plate cells at approximately 1.5×10^3 cells per cm2.
• Do not allow primary MSC confluence to exceed 80%.
• Product has been aseptically filtered with 0.2 µm filters. Particulates will be observed after thawing. Particulate formation is normal will not affect performance even in the presence of large particulates. Filtration is not recommended.
• To reduce particulates from forming, minimize freeze/thaw cycles and extended storage at 4°C. Some particulate formation can be reversed with brief incubation at 37°C, if desired.
HPL(Human Platelet Lysate) is manufactured with the highest quality of raw materials. All human derived materials are obtained from government inspected facilities and are of US origin. Each donor unit was approved for human use and has been tested for infectous diseases including HIV-1, HIV-2, HIV-NAT, HCV, HBsAg, and RPR for Syphilis.
Each lot is extensively tested for the following parameters:
Total protein: 4.0-6.5 g/dl
Mycoplasma: Not detected
Endotoxin USP <8>: <10 EU/mL
Sterility Testing: Negative for growth